The City of Hillsboro, Ohio

Where Pride Rings True

FAQs - Details


I turned my valve off to make a repair and I turned it back on, but now I don't have any water. What do I do?


This can happen with what is called a gate valve.


They break in the off position when they are closed. First you can try the handle on the valve opening and closing and sometimes the valve gate will reengage. If it the valve does not reengage, please call the Utility Billing Office at (937) 393-3447 and have the water turned off at the street so the valve can be replaced by a licensed plumber.